Friday 4 June 2010

Absent.

I have been out of the blogosphere for a few weeks due to pressing personal issues. Some of you might know that I was planning to move to France with the company that I currently work for. Sadly, it has fallen through due to financial and time constraints...I am happy to have the decision made for me, in the end, but I loved Bordeaux and I strongly recommend it for a fun European city break...plus now that some of my friends reside there I should be going out still, occasionally.


So although I am slightly bitter and depressed right now, and searching for a new job, and worrying about interviews and generally wishing I could have a do-over on some parts of life, I am trying to pick myself up and throw myself back into crafting.

I've been reading lots and lots of crafty blogs to get me in the mood, and it has truly inspired me. I thought I would share some of the blogs I have been reading, full of inspiration and fun craft projects.



Super-cute and inspirational posts with a focus on crafting projects that are simple, effective and do not cost the earth to create. I also love reading about her vintage finds! I love this easy Sharpie stencil tutorial and I'm even going to try it tonight!

I first came across Saucy when I was hungrily flickring pictures of fabulous cupcakes. Check these lovely ones out - that's not a meatball, its a Ferraro Rocher dipped in strawberry jam! Her blog is full of fabulous crafty ideas, inventive cupcakes and crafty pursuits, especially her fabulous bottlecap charm bracelets. She is everything you would want in a beautiful and inspiring American mom :)

I literally haven't been able to stop reading this blog all day today. She seems to write an article entitled 'Craft Venture' which has some of the very best information and advice I have read on the interweb for running your own craft business and I feel super-inspired to really get moving on all the ideas fighting for space inside my head.



Katie (well, come on, it IS an awesome name) makes the cutest of stitched animals and cuddly things and art, plus her blog is so sweet, and it looks like she leads a fun life - she's also inspired me to get thinking about my next tattoo.

I hope you enjoy these, lovely blog-readers. Despite not posting for a few weeks my followers have gone up - which is fun and makes me happy. I'll be back tomorrow with news of a cute new range of jewellery that I'm hoping you will love :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're staying with us :)

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

What a great post - thank you for including me! I'm sorry your job feel through, but you never know what the future will bring. Best of luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...