Wednesday 18 March 2009

Busy Bumblebee

Well, I had 8 entries to my Confession contest, but there can only be five winners!! So I picked the names out of a cup (sorry, it was all I had on hand - I'm not really a hat wearer!!)

The winners of the earrings are:

Niftyknits
Crafty Koala
Maireisabella
Decorate The Diva
HeatherLeigh

Email me your address to katie@twinklyspangle.com and I'll send the earrings out with the next post!

So, aside from wearing cups on my head, what else have I been up to at Twinklyspangle Towers? Well, my diet is going well, although I did pig out on a jammy crumpet (no butter) a second ago. I also had Italian for lunch but don't tell Mr. Twinklyspangle because he won' let me eat cakes later.

I've also been working hard on promoting my website, http://www.twinklyspangle.com/. We are doing free shipping over there right now, but not for much longer because. *drumroll* the local paper are going to do a little feature on me!! They have just been round and taken a photo of me holding loads of jewellery and wearing some necklaces and stuff - and they will conclude the interview tomorrow. All very exciting, although I'll probably look like a berk in the photo, I'm not very photogenic. I'm also building up stock for my various craft fairs and working on stuff for Handm@de Cambridge, our first Handm@de fair this year, on the 4th of April at the Cambridge Guildhall. I'll be previewing a bunch of new Afternoon Tea necklaces and rings, as well as a Bow range that have just rolled off the drying rack. I've been working on this technique for a while, to stiffen up some ribbon and make necklaces out them. I've finished a batch, but they won't be in my usual shops. They'll be on my website and also at my fairs, after that I may add them to Etsy and Folksy, but you, lovely blog readers, deserve to see them, so I took this preview photo;


This is a deep jewely purple with a gilt chain. I've also got seagreen on a silver chain and a hot pink on black chain. I may go for a burnt orange on an antique copper chain as well, what do you think? Do you like them? Bows are definitely hip right now, I'm seeing them everywhere, so I really hope these will do well at the fairs.

Anyway, I have to go and get ready for work now, I work in the evenings in a holiday call centre. It's aright but I end up drinking too much coffee and getting all jittery. Couldn't sleep last night at all worrying about craft show displays, money and my little boy not eating. I need a holiday to relax and unwind!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...