Monday 3 January 2011

Published

I love writing tutorials, and I was thrilled to be published in Popular Crafts this month. I chose to write a how-to for this sweet cupcake bracelet;


Fun story! I was having trouble finding just the right cupcake stamp for this project, and the article was due quite soon. I popped over to the next town to the craft store I love, and I *still* couldn't find anything, really frustrating. Just as I was walking forlornly out (with a bag of craft supplies I neither needed nor have used yet!) I overheard a conversation. The Papermania rep was standing by the counter talking about a new line of stamps available in January. I explained my situation to him and he let me have a whole set of the stamps! I couldn't believe my luck, a stamp set that wasn't even out yet. I love how this bracelet has turned out, and I think the tute looks super sweet in the magazine.


(Dodgy photo, I know!)

I'm going to be posting tutorials a-plenty this year, and submitting to more magazines. So excited!
There's a *sale* going on in my shop. Lots of sweet fun jewellery is 40% off! Click HERE to visit Etsy and have a little browse.

Katie x

3 comments:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

How lovely! Rather yummy looking. I'm sure you will have a super 2011 (-;

Bigbluebed said...

Congratulations. The tutorial looks great.

And I love the fresh new look to your blog.
Happy New Year!

Erika Price said...

Congratulations on the feature - love the tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...