Saturday 25 September 2010

Toddler Scavenger Hunt

I'm one of those people that wishes they had the patience to homeschool their child, but wasn't blessed with the patience. I love the idea of teaching my toddler, though, and I try to do fun educational things with him while I have the joy of being with him full time.

I read lots of blogs daily, and after I read this entry on breezy Acres Farm, I was inspired to try a scavenger hunt with Ramsey. I wasn't sure he would do so well with the colours, right now everything is 'PINK!' so I drew some pictures of things we might find, Acorn, Sycamore Pod, Feather, Stone, and put then in a little bag to collect what we might find.

We spent a long time finding feathers, the first card he pulled out. I don't actually like feathers since someone told me they can have mites in them, but he gets very excited by them so I had to swallow my yuckiness over them.

We learnt a new word - 'Sycamore'

You can't really see it here but he is clutching the bottom part of an acorn. He was a bit fed up with me taking shots by this point!

On another note, I'm trying to figure out how to schedule blog posts using blogger. I've been trying for ages! Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Have a great day! x

1 comment:

Julie said...

This looks really fun! I like your idea of using the picture cards (since colors were over my little one's head too). I just might have to try this version of the activity. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...